- Many missed opportunities to include oral health in school-based programs and social service settings
- Lack of information about community-based resources for prevention of oral disease and access to care
- Lack of information about the importance of oral health as a component of overall health
- Oral health integrated into education and social services
- Effective navigation of community-based prevention and care
- Optimal oral health literacy
What We're Doing
A grant to the University of Maryland School of Public health is supporting the Maryland Oral Health Literacy Model. Through development of tailored communications interventions for parents and providers, children—especially low-income/Medicaid-CHIP eligible children—learn important self-care and home based prevention techniques.